The National Works Agency (NWA) has advised that traffic changes will be implemented on a number of roads in the Corporate Area to facilitate the premiere of the Bob Marley: One Love movie on January 23 at the Carib Theatre.
The following changes should be noted from noon to midnight:
• Closure of Slipe Road to regular traffic between Orange Street and Half-Way Tree Road.
• Old Hope Road will be converted to one-way northbound between Half-Way Tree Road and Caledonia Avenue.
• Studio One Boulevard will be converted to one-way northbound between Lyndhurst Road and Retirement Road.
• Retirement Road will be converted to one-way eastbound between Studio One Boulevard and Half-Way Tree Road.
• Retirement Road will be converted to one way westbound between Studio Boulevard and Retirement Crescent.
• Studio One Boulevard will be closed between Slipe Pen Road and Slipe Road.
• Admiral Pen Road will be closed between Slipe Pen Road and Slipe Road.
• Marescaux Road will be converted to one way Southbound between Caledonia Crescent and Heroes Circle.
In the meantime, the authorities say taxis normally parked along Caledonia Crescent and Slipe Road will be relocated to the former King Burger lands.
Coasters normally parked along Lewers Crescent will be relocated to park along Caledonia Crescent. JUTC buses will be allowed to travel as normal along Slipe Road during the hours of the closure.
Parking of patrons will take place within National Heroes Circle.
The Jamaica Constabulary Force will provide officers to man all control points.
Carib Theatre will be closed to regular patrons during the period of the closure.
The public is being advised to comply with the instructions given by officers of the Jamaica Constabulary Force manning the affected intersections and road closure points.
Follow The Gleaner on X and Instagram @JamaicaGleaner and on Facebook @GleanerJamaica. Send us a message on WhatsApp at 1-876-499-0169 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.